Whereis Firfoxe-3.0.6 Bookmarks ??

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 15 23:07:39 UTC 2009

Craig White wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 16:40 -0500, Jim wrote:
>
>> Where is the Bookmarks.html file for Firefox-3.0.6, It's not in
>> ~/user/.mozilla/firefox/default anymore.
>>
> ----
> it never was...
> it has always been and will always be in
> ~/.mozilla/firefox/$some_random_hash.default/bookmarks.html
> ----
>
>> And I can't get Firefox-3.0.6 to import Bookmarks.html that is in /home/user
>>
> ----
> probably for the reason above, it almost seems as though your 'user'
> doesn't have write permissions to the directory it's trying to use. Did
> you move/migrate/copy settings or profile from another system?
>
> Craig

Well absorb this.
I put a totally different bookmarks.html (from Fedora 8) in
~/.mozilla/Firefox/default and restart Firefox and the new Bookmarks
don't show up, the orignal bookmarks show up , that I removed.

The USER has Read&Write&Modify Priv. to all .mozilla, sub folders, files.
I have in all Fedora versions, copied the old Bookmarks.html into the
new /.mozilla/Firefox/default folder and never had problems.