myqsl dummy needs help

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Feb 16 20:51:36 UTC 2009

On Monday 16 February 2009, Anne Wilson wrote:
>On Monday 16 February 2009 20:27:04 Gene Heskett wrote:
>> No package webmin available.
>> Nothing to do
>
>I don't think I've ever had webmin from a distro package, but it installs so
>easily from the website.
>
>Anne

I found it, installed it, let it do its updates, but a scan for servers
doesn't find mysql cuz it is not running and now won't run.

I had NDI this was going to such a PIMA, but a friend has mythtv running at
his place and it does everything but fix breakfast.

If anyone has any idea how to reset this SOB to absolutely square one, never
having been run, please advise.  Deleting /var/lib/mysql didn't do it.

Thanks Ann.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)