Howto configure a static IP?

Clemens Eisserer linuxhippy at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 10:14:10 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just installed Fedora10 and after the KDE4.2 update everything
seems really smooth.
By the way thanks for including the nouveau driver :)

However we have static IPs here, so I disabled NetworkManager and set
up eth0 manually using system-config-??.
That works well, but now some applications think they are not
connected to the internet (firefox, system-config-software), I guess
because they depend on NetworkManager.

Is there a way I can setup NetworkManager to use static IPs, or (I
would prefer that route) to tell applications that they should not
depend on NetworkManager for internet connectivity?

Thank you in advance, Clemens