Revisor livecd for soho emergency use

Peter Malcolm Croft Price petermcprice at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 09:00:10 UTC 2009

I am trying to provide a livecd for emergency use by colleagues and family on
the soho servers (Fedora 10) I am responsible for.

Revisor provides the opportunity to
set up eth0 eth1 etc (with fixed ip addresses providing lan access)
and firewall (I am still working on NAT setup)

However in both scenarios  ppp0 would have to be configured
with username and password to bring up xdsl internet connection.

I cannot rely on any user expertise beyond restarting the server and/or
booting from the livecd.
Has anyone on the list any ideas about solutions, strategies, gotchas?

Thanks for any help.

Peter