Partition XP disk to add F-10 -

Aldo Foot lunixer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 20:20:59 UTC 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Bob Goodwin <bobgoodwin at wildblue.net> wrote:
> Aldo Foot wrote:
>> If you've already installed XP, use Gparted from the Live CD to resize
>> the XP partition and make space for the F10 install.
>>
>> ~af
>
> The installer acts like it is going to re-size the Windows partition
> if I just click on "Write changes to disk?"  I just got to that point
> when I received your message.
>
> I'm tempted to let it do it!
>
> Bob

The action "Write changes to disk?" is not resizing the partition. It's
either going to take all of it or use available remaining disk space.
I may be wrong, but I think there's an option to install Fedora on the
remaining free space of the disk (with Win already installed).

If you don't mind spending another hour installing Win... let it go.
If you don't want to take chances, get the Live CD and it will be easier.
~af