F10: default fonts too big

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Fri Feb 20 21:03:12 UTC 2009

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009 21:22:34 +0100
wwp wrote:

> I've just installed Fedora 10 on a i383 system with WUXGA screen
> running at 1920x1200.

GTK apps will only (apparently) obey the DPI info they get
from gnome-settings-daemon. If you are running gnome, you
will have one of these already and you can go into the
gnome appearance dialog and into the advanced settings
in the fonts tab and tell it to use a specific DPI setting.

KDE apps will probably obey the Xft.dpi X resource, but only if they
actually see it, and with all the changes to X I have no idea
if it even pays attention to things like ~/.XDefaults any more.
You may need to use xrdb to load it.