diagnotic card for Motherboards and PS

Lyos Gemini Norezel lyos.gemininorezel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 22:13:38 UTC 2009

Aldo Foot wrote:
> I'd like to buy a type of test card to diagnose motherboard problems.
> I've seen some options out there; the main thing is to have the ability
> to interpret the codes the card spits out.
>
> I also would like a similar test tool for Power Supplies.
>
> Any suggestions for a good model out there? Links?
>
> TIA.
> ~af

These are tools you use when a computer will not boot... not 'general,
everyday use'.

I'm a Computer Repair Tech.
I, personally, use a device called "Power Judge"
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=ATX-2024-PT&cat=PWR for testing
PSUs,
and Ultra-X P.H.D. PCI (the original version) [P.H.D. PCI2 (newest
version) listed here:] http://www.uxd.com/phdpci2.shtml .

As for interpreting the codes... the Ultra-X P.H.D. PCI card comes with
a manual to help with diagnosis.

Lyos Gemini Norezel