display "stretched"

brian fedora at logi.ca
Sat Feb 21 01:32:16 UTC 2009

Since upgrading to 10 a few weeks ago, I've occasionally logged in to
find the display stretched out of shape. Everything appears too tall &
thin. Logging out and back in has always fixed the problem.

I've gone through the logs but I really don't know what I should be
looking for, nor even what information I might post to this list to help
in diagnosing the issue other than my video card info. Can anyone give
me some pointers on what to look for, or what I can provide to help
solve this?

The driver is:
SiS 661/741/760 PCI/AGP or 662/761Gx PCIE VGA Display Adapter