Since when doesn't Fedora use xorg.conf ?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Feb 21 03:49:52 UTC 2009

Linuxguy123 wrote:
> There are all sorts of posts associated with the "Disabling mouse taps
> on Fedora 10" thread that state that Fedora 10 doesn't use an xorg.conf
> file.
>
> When did Fedora/X stop using an xorg.conf file ?

Just to clarify, Fedora has never stopped "using* xorg.conf, it has stopped
*creating one by default* since FC9. There is a feeling among some users (I'm
one) that system-config-display should still be loaded by default at install, so
that people who have learned to use that for problem hardware will be able to do
so if they have any useful display at all.

In my experience w/o xorg.conf about 30% of the ten or so systems I've installed
either didn't work well or didn't work usably at all.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>