font problem in Fedora 10/Thunderbird

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat Feb 21 04:22:38 UTC 2009

Robert Singleton wrote:
> I just installed Fedora 10 (from FC7) on a Toshiba laptop. When reading
> email in Thunderbird, the fonts now look rather weak and frail and are
> rather hard to read. When composing email the fonts are just fine. This
> is probably pretty simple to fix, but I've looked on FAQ's high and low
> and can't find the problem. Also, I have tried changing settings in
> Edit>Preferences>Display, and this too does not work.  If this post is
> off topic (i.e. a thunderbird post) then my apologies. Thanks in advance
> for any help you can provide.

I have dropped TBird since Seamonket-2.0alpha was available, but I would suspect
in preferences there's a checkbox called something like "let messages set their
own fonts," and you have it ON. If someone posts using a bizarre font or size it
will bypass the default you set.

This is a wild-ass guess and may not reflect your problem, but it's easy to check.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>