Fedora 8 upgrade to 9 missing dependency problem

Langdon Stevenson langdon at lindenrow.com.au
Sat Feb 21 09:05:49 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Langdon Stevenson wrote:
>> Can anyone suggest how I can troubleshoot this and resolve the issue?  I
>> have found a few people had similar issues, but saw no solution suggested.
>
> You need to include the F9 updates-newkey repo. Also make sure you're using
> the "Everything" repo, not the "Fedora" repo (which contains only the
> packages on the installer DVD), for the non-updated packages.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Hi Kevin, thanks for the fast reply.

   yum repolist

returns the following:

  repo id                    repo name
  adobe-linux-i386           Adobe Systems Incorporated

  fedora                     Fedora 9 - i386
  livna                      Livna for Fedora Core 9 - i386 - Base
  rpmfusion-free             RPM Fusion for Fedora 9 - Free
  rpmfusion-free-updates     RPM Fusion for Fedora 9 - Free - Updates
  rpmfusion-nonfree          RPM Fusion for Fedora 9 - Nonfree
  rpmfusion-nonfree-updates  RPM Fusion for Fedora 9 - Nonfree - Updates
  updates                    Fedora 9 - i386 - Updates
  updates-newkey             Fedora 9 - i386 - Updates Newkey

All of these repos are enabled.  So it looks like I have your first
point covered?

My /etc/yum.repo.d/fedora.repo contains:

[fedora]
name=Fedora $releasever - $basearch
failovermethod=priority
#baseurl=http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/$releasever/Everything/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=fedora-$releasever&arch=$basearch
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora-$basearch

Which I think satisfies your second point.

Can you see anything wrong with what I have here?  Is there any specific
info that I can provide which would help?

Langdon