Domino on Fedora

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Sat Feb 21 14:57:43 UTC 2009

Nifty Fedora Mitch wrote:
> Local delivery can be done with procmail.

Yes, but if the command expects to use /usr/sbin/sendmail to send the
mail, and that command isn’t there…

> Nothing has to listen on 25.

It might help if Domino did…

> Go with the documented solution and if needed pull sendmail back into the
> system...   In some ways this should be very much the same as switching
> from sendmail to postfix i.e.
>
>     Postfix is a Mail Transport Agent (MTA)
>
> A google or yahoo search of "domino MTA"
> does find links that support my assertion
> that Domino is a Mail Transoport Agent.

You’re missing the point. Postfix provides a /usr/sbin/sendmail
compatible program (as do qmail and exim, I understand) so it can be a
drop-in replacement to sendmail. The question is not whether Domino is a
MTA, but whether it is an MTA with a sendmail-compatible command line.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail:     james@ | ...a probably apocryphal bilingual sign in darkest North
aprilcottage.co.uk | Wales. In English it says "70mph" and in Welsh "slow