bluez under KDE-Fedora 10

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Feb 22 02:44:58 UTC 2009

How does one exchange bluetooth PINs in Fedora 10?
Apparently bluez-utils (which used to contain bluez-pin)
has disappeared, as has hcid.conf.

I tried Kdebluetooth4, but it didn't appear to do anything
as far as I could see.

When I try to connect to my bluetooth phone,
I'm asked on the phone for a PIN,
and when I give it I see in /var/log/messages
that it is sent to the computer:
Feb 22 01:27:13 mary bluetoothd[5101]:
        pin_code_request (sba=00:15:83:BF:45:E8, dba=00:0F:DE:7B:1D:B5)
at which point I would have thought I should receive a message
on the computer asking for the PIN.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net