bluez under KDE-Fedora 10

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Feb 22 13:55:27 UTC 2009

Paulo Cavalcanti wrote:

>> How does one exchange bluetooth PINs in Fedora 10?
>> Apparently bluez-utils (which used to contain bluez-pin)
>> has disappeared, as has hcid.conf.

> Maybe this applies to you:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/bluez-gnome/+bug/284994
Thanks for your response, but I don't think this applies to me,
as I have not installed bluez-gnome,
since I assumed it was not necessary with KDE?

In any case, I managed to get connected, by running

[tim at mary ~]$ sudo rfcomm connect 0 00:0F:DE:7B:1D:B5 3

Now I am asked for a PIN on the phone screen, which I give,
and a new bluetooth icon appears in the computer panel.
When I click on this I am asked for my PIN.

And now I see my laptop listed on the phone (a Sony Ericsson T630)
under Bluetooth=>My devices.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net