Establishing startup order for programs ??

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Feb 22 16:01:05 UTC 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:53:51 -0500
William Case wrote:

> This is not a crucial question for me -- more in the line of "Enquiring
> minds want to know".

It has been a long time since I looked at the gnome session
manager dialog, but I thought it used to have a priority
column for controlling that (on the other hand they have
been re-writing everything to remove all useful features
so perhaps it is gone).

If you know the actual commands it is running to start the
programs, you could just remove the individual program entries
and replace them with a single shell script which you could write
to start everything in the order you want it started :-).