Extending Expiration Date of an Already-Expired GPG Key

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Sun Feb 22 16:59:17 UTC 2009

Robert L Cochran wrote:
> How do I fix this -- I'm using Thunderbird on Fedora 7 on my desktop
> machine. However, I travel a fair amount and when I do, I tar up my
> .thunderbird directory and scp it to my laptop, which is running Fedora
> 10. That lets me download and filter my email with the same mail client,
> although different versions of it.
>
> When I return home from my trip I then tar up the .thunderbird directory
> on the laptop and scp it back to the desktop.
>
> I wonder if this habit contributed to the word wrapping which then
> locked up Anne's machine.
>
> I suppose I had better do something about updating my desktop OS...and
> do it soon.

Bob,

This is not related to the PGP issues being discussed but I thought you
might like to take a look at a tool called Unison.  It is a file
synchronizer.  I've been using it for some time in a fashion similar to
what you describe and it makes the process quite easy.  I believe it is
in the Fedora repository..

BOL,
~~R