Gnome scanner utility crashes, no Bugzilla component

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Mon Feb 23 17:01:26 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-23 at 10:59 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:58:37 -0500, Matthew wrote:
>
> > In my F10 installation, the gnome-scan utility, flegita, segfaults when
> > it detects my scanner (attached to another machine on the network).
> >
> > I went to Bugzilla to file a bug, but there is no component for
> > gnome-scanner or flegita.  What component should I use?
>
> The "Source RPM" package name: gnome-scan
>
> Red Hat Bugzilla explains if you follow the guided bug entry page:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/enter_bug.cgi?format=guided&product=Fedora

Right.  My point (notwithstanding erroneously calling it gnome-scanner)
is that gnome-scan doesn't appear as a component in the Fedora list.

Now I see that what I meant was: gnome-scan doesn't appear in the
component list for Fedora on the Advanced Search page.  If you select
Search -> Advanced Search -> Fedora -> Fedora, then look at the
component list, gnome-scan doesn't appear, and the version window
doesn't update to show Fedora versions.

If I go to New, the Fedora component list does show gnome-scan.

So it looks like I might have a Bugzilla bug, as well.

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu