How to kill qemu without losing (paused) VM?

Neil Bird neil at fnxweb.com
Tue Feb 24 11:26:25 UTC 2009

   I admit I may be missing something obvious, I'm new to this VM malarkey.
  On my F10 running the VM manager (which I'd earlier failed to get working
but I think burst into life when I manually loaded the qemu kmdl):

   I can pause the VMs OK, an come back to them later, but the qemu process
is still running, taking up RAM and seemingly eating a little CPU.

   Is it not possible to somehow shut the qemu process down on a paused VM
for later restart?  'Disconnecting' seemed to only apply to the VM manager,
and still left the qemus running.

--
[neil at fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil at fnx ~]# ls -l .signature