Since when doesn't Fedora use xorg.conf ?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Feb 24 21:15:28 UTC 2009

Antonio Olivares wrote:

> [...]
Manually add "vga=0x318" or "vga=ask" to the startup line at the initial boot,
and it should let you select 800x600 or higher.

I have a Mobile X1250 and I get my choice of framebuffers, vesa or radeondrmfb,
each of which is really slow. I have resisted adding vendor drivers, I don't do
games so it's not a real issue.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>