F10 Dependency Problems - Nvidia Drivers

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Thu Feb 26 19:26:55 UTC 2009

Charlie McVeigh wrote:
> The last 3 waves of updates for F10 have all started causing me
> dependency problems with regard to
> my nvidia video drivers.  I am not sure whats up but I was wondering
> if someone far more enlightened
> than me could help me with my current upgrade SNAFU.  I have waited a
> couple of days to see it this
> problem disappears due to repository syncing issues, but it has not.
>
> When doing a yum update I am getting the following error message:
>

> Transaction Check Error:
> file /lib/modules/2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10.x86_64/extra/nvidia/nvidia.ko
> from install of
> kmod-nvidia-2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10.x86_64-180.27-1.fc10.x86_64
> conflicts with file from package
> kmod-nvidia-2.6.27.12-170.2.5.fc10.x86_64-180.25-1.fc10.x86_64
>
> Here are my repos:
>
> $ yum repolist
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, fedorakmod, kernel-module, priorities, refresh-
>               : packagekit
> repo id                   repo name                              status
> adobe                     Adobe Systems Incorporated             enabled:     17
> atrpms                    ATrpms - x86_64 - Stable               enabled:    626
> fedora                    Fedora 10 - x86_64                     enabled: 14,303
> jpackage5                 JPackage 5.0 (Generic)                 enabled:  2,787
> jpackage5-nonfree         JPackage 5.0 (Non-Free)                enabled:     15
> kde-redhat                KDE-Redhat: Fedora-Specific            enabled:      0
> kde-redhat-all            KDE-Redhat: General Packages           enabled:    289
> livna                     rpm.livna.org for 10 - x86_64          enabled:      3
> planetccrma               Planet CCRMA 10 - x86_64               enabled:    331
> planetcore                Planet CCRMA Core 10 - x86_64          enabled:     43
> rpmfusion-free            RPM Fusion for Fedora 10 - Free        enabled:    356
> rpmfusion-free-updates    RPM Fusion for Fedora 10 - Free - Upda enabled:    295
> rpmfusion-nonfree         RPM Fusion for Fedora 10 - Nonfree     enabled:    137
> rpmfusion-nonfree-updates RPM Fusion for Fedora 10 - Nonfree - U enabled:    167
> skype                     Skype Repository                       enabled:      1
> updates                   Fedora 10 - x86_64 - Updates           enabled:  4,560
> repolist: 23,930
>
> Any ideas on how to get past this issue?  Thanks in advance for any
> and all help.
>
> Charlie

I have gotten around the conflict by removing the rpm and then
reinstalling it.  I did like the kmod version of the nvidia driver but
have not had success with the akmod version so back to the regular module.

Are both modules coming from rpmfusion?  Just curious because I cannot
see a problem if they are coming from the same repository.  I ask this
as I have not had any issues with the nvidia driver lately.

--
Robin Laing