Understanding the mystery of printing?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Feb 1 13:53:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:13:13 -0500
Tom Horsley wrote:

> I'm just trying to understand why the heck different apps don't
> print the exact same place when printing to the (supposedly) same
> page size (actually open office is the only exception I have
> found so far, so maybe open office is just busted).

I think I've concluded that defining a custom paper size is just
plain busted in Open Office. I see lots of existing reports of
people having problems trying to define sizes for non-standard
envelopes and wot-not. Anyway, anyone interested in my complete
results can find them at:

http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/dvdprint/dvd-print.html

I got it to print quite well, but I'm still seeking a way
to make the tweaks universal by having them in the .ppd
file for the printer.