F10 - boot - how to get into interactive boot?

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Feb 3 14:37:25 UTC 2009

Hello,

Sure, I know to press 'I' but on two machines, it has been a nightmare.
  One machine it never worked.

With faster machines, there is no time to press the button.

I found it wouldn't work if the normal Fedora splash screen was up on
the screen.  I had to press escape to get it to work.  If I pressed to
soon, the keyboard wouldn't work at all.  It all happened so fast.

On the second machine, I never got it to work.

This machine has encrypted partitions and the password prompt makes it
harder.

I can just get the Esc button pushed in time for the password to be
requested.  I then press 'I" right after pressing 'Enter.'  I get a
whole bunch of 'I's" before and after the notice but it still continues
into udev and on into a normal boot.  I never could get it to work.

Is there a way to get into interactive mode from grub?

When in the boot process is the keyboard input scanned for the
Interactive?  Before or after the message to press "I"?

And is it a "I" or "i"?  I have tried both.

--
Robin Laing