F10 - boot - how to get into interactive boot?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Feb 3 18:32:36 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 07:37 -0700, Robin Laing wrote:
> And is it a "I" or "i"?  I have tried both.

I've not tried 10 yet, but with prior versions I've had to madly hammer
away at the "I" key, and the shift key, before I got any response.
Which always means that several services get started, as per defaults,
before I get into interactive mode.  Thanks to the lack of success /
difficulty of success, I've never worked out whether the shift key was
required.

Since then, if I've noticed booting get stuck on a particular service,
I'll force a reboot, and boot up in single mode, then edit the services
that will start.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.12-78.2.8.fc9.i686