rpmbuild and getting Missing Dependency

Gregory Machin gmachin at techconcepts.co.za
Wed Feb 4 12:36:53 UTC 2009

Hi all.
I'm trying to build an rpm for lightsquid . I have got the rpm to build without any issues but now when I try and install it, it dies with missing dependencies the files are in the install list.

[root at gregory-workstation ~]# rpm -i /home/builder/rpm/RPMS/noarch/lightsquid-1.7-1.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
                perl(common.pl) is needed by lightsquid-1.7-1.noarch
                perl(lightsquid.cfg) is needed by lightsquid-1.7-1.noarch
[root at gregory-workstation ~]#

I have also used mc to browse the contents on the rpm and the files are in it.. so why do I get this error ?

Thanks

Regards
Gregory Machin
Email: gmachin at techconcepts.co.za