Firefox Running Slow in Linux

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Wed Feb 4 15:39:59 UTC 2009

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 20:53 -0600, Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>>  Not to over stretch this topic, but you have a Core2Duo with 4GB of
>> RAM, so if you were seeing performance issues with Firefox, that would
>> be it was _really_ slow as opposed to just slow.
>
> As I tried to explain, the performance was exactly the same when it only
> had 2GB (I upgraded quite recently).
>
>> Additionally, using AdBlock actually makes it faster (for me).
>
> That's probably true for me as well. Also Flashblock stops downloading a
> lot of superfluous video (I'm on a 1Mbps DSL line).
>
> poc

I have not followed this thread but last night when re-re-installing
F10, there was a FF update and it got me thinking.  Are the number of
languages an issue still?  I ask this as I was prompted to turn off a
large list of languages.

FWIW, I don't find FF slow on an old 1.4G machine.  I just don't have
that man plugins running.

What does top say?
--
Robin Laing