System Time

Michael Comperchio mcmprch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 14:11:57 UTC 2009

I can't decide whats going on here, but....

I decided to try XFCE (it is seemingly faster - athlon, 2ghz, 1gig mem)
but the clock in the panel is 5 hours slow... actually, it's five hours
fast. The 'clock' command in a terminal tells me it's 9:05 eastern time,
the XFCE panel clock says 9:05, but the GNOME panel clock tells me it's
2:05 (pm). Also, the windows side of the maching tells me it's (-5)
hours. I don't much care about Gnome, but would like to know how to
reset my system time to the 'correct' time ( I know, the correct time
depends on how fast I'm going.... etc....)!

Thanks
Michael