Using ext2 on SSD drive

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Thu Feb 5 19:56:10 UTC 2009

Alan Evans wrote, On 02/05/2009 12:34 PM:
<SNIP>
> Quite separate from your query about ext2 maintenance, you should keep
> in mind the gotcha I found with ext2, here:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2009-January/msg00198.html
>
> My yucky workaround is to change the filesystem in my fstab back to
> ext3 before each kernel update and change it back to ext2 afterword.
>
> -Alan

Have you looked at putting a bug in the zilla about this?
Seems like it could bite anyone trying to build a mostly read file system with
fedora.

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/
The descriptions with the following don't tie in very well to what you are seeing.
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=mkinitrd+ext2

--
Todd Denniston