OpenSSH upgrade for FC6

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Thu Feb 5 20:21:33 UTC 2009

Christian Campbell wrote:
> I'm currently using FC6 and need to upgrade my openssh-server package to
> something greater than 4.3.  There's nothing available through Yum.  Can
> I install a openssh-server package made for a later core (FC7, FC8,
> FC9)?  Are there any RPMs out there still packaged for FC6, or am I
> stuck compiling?

In the past I have been able to get the source from the OpenBSD site and build
it on various Linux distributions. There are two sources, one for OpenBSD only
and the portable one. I don't remember the names, but if you know to look for it
you will have no problem.

> And yes...I plan to upgrade from FC6 when time will allow.

I'm in no hurry, there is some hardware here which has no newer drivers, and I
can just run the machine behind a firewall and not allow ssh in from untrusted
sources. In any case, that should get you the latest ssh.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>