Network Manager, Firefox and more on FC10

Bob Kinney bc98kinney at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 8 01:28:48 UTC 2009

--- On Wed, 1/7/09, Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that if you install from 'Live
> CD' or if you choose
> DHCP for network configuration when installing from DVD,
> NetworkManager
> is enabled, otherwise, it is not enabled. That seems to be
> very
> reasonable logic from my standpoint but I can see that
> those who just
> race/clickthrough the install figuring that they'll fix
> things after
> first boot will get some surprises.

I know I'm coming in a little late on this thread, but this
comment caught my eye.

The installer (I use the DVD) doesn't seem to offer networking
setup any more, which I chalked up to the evolution toward NM.
I thought it was a little too Winduhs-like to assume that the
user would use DHCP.  I've installed F10 several times now--
where am I missing network setup?