Red Hat g++ packaging question

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Mon Feb 9 07:50:00 UTC 2009

On Sun, Feb 08, 2009 at 08:25:37PM -0800, Peter J. Stieber wrote:
> I looked at the Fedora 10 page plans, but I didn'y see any updating
> plans.  Is there any way to see if Fedora 10 is planning a GCC 4.3.3
> update?

The 4.3.2 in current F10 is closer to 4.3.3 than to 4.3.2.

> Does the Red Hat version of GCC recompile a source module if it
> encounters an error on the first try?

Yes, if it encounters an internal compiler error, the gcc/g++
compiler driver retries 3 times to determine if a bug is reproduceable or
not.  If not, the most likely culprit is faulty hw, if yes, it prepares
preprocessed source together with options used and tells you to file a bug
with that data.

	Jakub