Q's for senior fedora/redhat admins

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Feb 11 02:52:50 UTC 2009

Antonio Olivares wrote:
>>> but unless you reply with a @redhat or @fedora
>>> email you will be ignored, sorry if it sounds harsh,
>>>
>> but thats the way it
>>
>>> is.
>>>

>> I was going to offer an opinion...but decided not to waste
>> my fingers.
>>
>> I do wonder why anyone would ask these questions on a
>> mailing list like
>> this one....  (Not to mention that these items have been
>> "discussed"
>> N-times)  Does the person *really* expect only @fedora and
>> @redhat
>> people to care to respond, have an opinion, or have
>> knowledge?
>>
> N-times --> N+1 times, N+2, N+3, ....,, $\infty$ still no change
>
>> I can only think of one of two possibilities.   Extreme
>> naivety or
>> troll.  Then again, I noticed the  domain name and the word
>> shill came
>> to mind.  :-) :-)
>>

> I checked the domain
> http://www.ausics.net/ais.php
>
> They appear to good guys :), Rahul already pointed out the Omega live cd project, it addresses some of their points so hopefully Laura is happy with the answer she got :)

Then maybe you don't recall their most "famous" poster?

Yet, I am pleasantly surprised.   The last time I checked this domain
was banning smtp and http connections from all of Asia.   I just checked
now and found they are now allowing connections....  So, maybe something
has changed and my assumptions are invalid.