Time to upgrade FC8->FC10

Les hlhowell at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 11 16:15:14 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 09:05 +0100, Alessandro Boggiano wrote:
> Hi all,
> it's time to say goodbye to my old beloved FC8! ;)
> I'm planning to wait until the kde 4.2 rpms will come out but, meantime,
> I have to think about it!
>
> Which is the best way to do it?
> yum upgrade OR DVD upgrade?
>
> Also,I can go directly from 8 to 10 or I need to pass through the 9 ?
> Any advice in order to keep the system as much as "clean" as possible?
>

> In any case, no big deal: I'm going to backup everything! ;)
>
> Thanks
> Alessandro

Hi, Alessandro,
	I did the update from F8.  No problem.  But I also made the backup just
in case.  However I never needed it.

	However on my wife's system I never got f10 to work.  It is an older
IBM desktop and the APIC is not present, so F10 would load, but when you
logged in, it would never come up.  I tried several of the suggestions,
but ran out of patience and went back to F8 for the time being.  If
someone knows a real working means to avoid the APIC issue, that would
help...

Regards,
Les H