AdobeReader_enu install_browser hang

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Wed Feb 11 19:10:10 UTC 2009

   Has anyone else run into this problem with the recent Fedora
releases? I have noticed that over time many of my Fedora machines
(both i386 and x86_64) develop problems with the AdobeReader_enu
rpm installations. The problem always centers on the install_browser_plugin
script that is executed postinstall hanging. After this starts to
happen on a Fedora box, I always have to manually upgrade the
AdobeReader_enu rpm manually with --noscripts and then move the
plugin over to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins by hand. Any idea why this
hang in the install_browser_plugin script occurs and how it can be avoided?
                   Jack