Fedora 10 Installfest - ATI x1250 on Fedora fails :(

Valent Turkovic valent.turkovic at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 20:29:45 UTC 2009

Hi,
I just held Fedora 10 Installfest on which there were some laptops with ATI
x1250 video chip. I have mostly experience with Intel video cards which run
smoothly on Fedora.
This ATI x1250 card worked poorly with default Xorg drivers :( It was slow,
some artefcts emerged, video was slow in fullscreen... lots of issues.

We upgraded Xorg and kernel but that didn't help.

Then I enabled rpmfusion repo and installed ATI proprietary fglrx driver.
After init 3 and then init 5 it failed to launch X server :(
Reboot - and still the same....

Reboot into old kernel without fglrx - X starts with Xorg driver but still
old issues are present.

DId anybody get ati x1250 to run ok with defualt Xorg drivers? How?

Did anybody get ati x1250 to run ok with propretary ATI fglrx drivers? How?

Thank you in advance.

--
http://kernelreloaded.blog385.com/
ICQ: 2125241, Skype: valent.turkovic