WHY I WANT TO STOP USING FEDORA!!!

Gene Poole gene.poole at macys.com
Fri Feb 13 14:13:21 UTC 2009

It seems that in some ways this list may have lost it's focus.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.  Isn't Fedora here to explore the latest
and greatest? If this is true, at some point two releases a year might not
be enough based upon advancements.

If someone is expecting a relative distro without change and they don't
want to pay the support costs, they should stick with CentOS or Ubuntu TLS
- correct? Speaking about incompatibility, isn't the only guarantee is
that a kernel at the same level, regardless of distribution, will function
exactly the same?! If you want to move from, say, KDE3 to KDE4 you have to
upgrade your system because drivers and libraries are hardly ever forward
compatible.  If you want to move from the ext3 to the ext4 file system you
must upgrade your system?!

So, what this person is saying is that - I'm going to stop using Fedora
because it's constantly moving forward and I want to live in the past!

Thanks,
Gene Poole