Evolution versus Kmail. Was: First thoughts on KDE4.2...

Marcelo Magno T. Sales mmtsales at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 19:28:45 UTC 2009

Em Sáb 14 Fev 2009, Anne Wilson escreveu:
> On Saturday 14 February 2009 18:59:04 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> > It's still considered a security risk, but you can flip a switch to
> > enable it. Any by switch I mean checkbox.
>
> Unfortunately, no.  You have to flip a switch to disable it.  That's
> what I object to.

Uh? Displaying HTML e-mails is disabled by default in KMail. You have to
explicitly enable this in the Security section of the configuration
dialog. This option is near the other one you have to check if you want
KMail automatically loads external references embedded in an HTML
message.
But I think the limitations about which the OP was referring to are the
ones when we want to send HTML e-mail, not to see received HTML mail.
The KMail composer is still limited when it comes to creating HTML
messages. But worst than that is the impossibility to forward HTML e-
mail retaining its original format, unless you forward it as an
attachment, but then you can't add your comments to the original
message.
For reading incoming HTML mail, KMail is ok.

[]'s
Marcelo