[ot] end 'community ass'

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Feb 15 14:05:41 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 20:01 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> I guess I only have one question....
>
> This was discussed and decided upon in August 2008 in the thread with
> the title "The Scope and Ownership of fedora-list" and no objections
> were raised at that time.

I wonder whether any of the participants expected the list description
to be stuffed into the "to address"?  (There are other headers, more
suitable for that, that can be read for search engine categorisation.)

It looks silly, but it's not /that/ important.  I'd far rather put more
effort into getting the "unsubscribe" link in the signature relabelled
as "subscription options," or something similarly more descriptive
(subscription settings, or subscription choices, etc.), but still very
short, instead of just unsubscribe.  There has to be any number of
people who won't click on it, thinking they'll unsubscribe themselves,
when they wanted to change some aspect of their subscription, instead.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.12-78.2.8.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.