KDE 4.2 requires local MySQL Server

Rangeen Basu sherry151 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 20:10:31 UTC 2009

it was hidden behind a terminal window.  I was going to go back and try
> to figure out was it was all about....but subsequently forgot about it.
> Your post did enlighten me as to what happened as I now recall seeing
> "akonadi" at some point.
>
> But, I have been using the latest version of KDE for the past several
> days...and I haven't been bothered or presented with the need to know
> anything about MySQL.  I only now notice there is an instance of MySQL
> running not taking up much resources.  I'm not sure it would have come
> to my attention if you hadn't written your post.
>
> Took a quick look at http://pim.kde.org/akonadi/ and on the surface
> seems like a reasonable direction/idea.  So, not quite sure as to why
> you may consider this to be a big issue.
>

> --
> ... Had this been an actual emergency, we would have fled in terror, and
> you would not have been informed. Mei-Mei.Greshko at greshko.com
> http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=cCSz_koUhSg
>

> --

I double that. Why should it bother a user if the akonadi interface takes
care of all database operations. All the user has to do is fill in gui.

--
Rangeen Basu Roy Chowdhury

sherry151 at gmail.com
!!!Windows is "micro"-soft[ware]..I like bigger things!!!