Disabling mouse taps on Fedora 10

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Feb 17 18:12:29 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 12:55 -0500, fred smith wrote:

> > > But do you know how to properly shut off mouse taps without the
> > > "SHMConfig" "on" option in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and then using Synaptics?
> > ----
> > I believe that executing 'synclient TouchpadOff=1' should do
> > that...without an xorg.conf but having something
> > like /etc/hal/fdi/policy/11-synaptics.fdi above (I think I omitted the
> > 'policy' directory
>
> To go back to my posting earlier in the thread, running synclient results
> in an error message about SHMConfig not existing.
----
assuming...
- you have installed xorg-x11-drv-synaptics package
- copied the file referenced to /etc/hal/fdi/policy/11-synaptics.fdi
- identified the specific touchpad in /proc/bus/input/devices
- added the SHMConfig reference to this 11-synaptics.fdi in the
appropriate section
- restarted the computer

you shouldn't get that message

Which part of this are you struggling with?

Craig