Can't print Legal size paper OO-3

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue Feb 17 23:24:26 UTC 2009

Craig White wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 18:30 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:
>> On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 17:37:00 -0500
>> Jim wrote:
>>
>>> What is Wrong ??
>> My theory is that OO printing is simply hosed. I've defined
>> a custom page size, and it has apparently ignored it. I looked
>> on the OO forums and saw lots of complaints there as well
>> about things like custom envelope printing not working.
> ----
> I'm not certain that your negative spin is all that helpful here.

The feature doesn't work, I'm unsure what positive spin you can put on that. And
I've seen a note that it doesn't work on A4 (or whater the "nearly letter size"
format is).

> Does programs other than OOo print on Letter or Legal size?

Are you asking if there exist other programs which generate letter/legal output,
or if output for those other programs works.

I might suggest print to file and see if gv or similar Postscript viewers like
the legal format output.

NOTE: you do have to have the printer set for the correct paper size in CUPS,
unless that's been improved. But sending "raw" Postscript to a PS printer with
appropriate paper should work. I don't have my big workgroup HP set up at the
moment, or I would try legal and 11x17 (which is why I bought an expensive printer).

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>