Can't print Legal size paper OO-3

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Feb 17 23:37:14 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 18:24 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Craig White wrote:
> > On Sun, 2009-02-15 at 18:30 -0500, Tom Horsley wrote:

> >> My theory is that OO printing is simply hosed. I've defined
> >> a custom page size, and it has apparently ignored it. I looked
> >> on the OO forums and saw lots of complaints there as well
> >> about things like custom envelope printing not working.
> > ----
> > I'm not certain that your negative spin is all that helpful here.
> >
> The feature doesn't work, I'm unsure what positive spin you can put on that. And
> I've seen a note that it doesn't work on A4 (or whater the "nearly letter size"
> format is).
>
> > Does programs other than OOo print on Letter or Legal size?
> >
> Are you asking if there exist other programs which generate letter/legal output,
> or if output for those other programs works.
>
> I might suggest print to file and see if gv or similar Postscript viewers like
> the legal format output.
>
> NOTE: you do have to have the printer set for the correct paper size in CUPS,
> unless that's been improved. But sending "raw" Postscript to a PS printer with
> appropriate paper should work. I don't have my big workgroup HP set up at the
> moment, or I would try legal and 11x17 (which is why I bought an expensive printer).
----
I'm quite sure that the Epson Stylus Photo RX595 is not a postscript
printer and it would be helpful if you followed the thread a little
closer.

I was asking the OP to check if other programs offered letter & legal
sizes when choosing to print to isolate whether this was an OOo issue. I
thought that was fairly clear.

I surely don't know whether the Epson Stylus Photo RX595 actually offers
to print a legal size sheet since it is a photo printer, it seems
conceivable that it is not an offered print size - I simply don't know.

Craig