anybody help my

subaena suba at kendari.linux.or.id
Wed Feb 18 01:06:28 UTC 2009

i have problem in my connections on mysql, i try this in my fedora but
if i start my fedora i cannot acces my mysql everytime i wanna connect
i have found this message
mysql ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost'
(using password: NO)

this my configurations for acces mysql i try and this run, but if i
connect to my MySQL i have that message like that
[root at localhost suba]# mysql ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for
user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
[root at localhost suba]# /etc/init.d/mysqld stop
Stopping MySQL:                                            [  OK  ]
[root at localhost suba]# /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --user=root
--skip-grant-tables & mysql mysql
[1] 4454
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
[root at localhost suba]# nohup: ignoring input and redirecting stderr to stdout
Starting mysqld daemon with databases from /var/lib/mysql

[root at localhost suba]# /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --user=root
--skip-grant-tables & mysql mysql
[2] 4504

Your MySQL connection id is 1
Server version: 5.0.67 Source distribution

mysql> nohup: ignoring input and redirecting stderr to stdout
A mysqld process already exists

mysql> use mysql;
Database changed
mysql> update user set Password=null where Host='localhost' and User='root';
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)
Rows matched: 0  Changed: 0  Warnings: 0

mysql> exit;
Bye
[2]+  Exit 1                  /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --user=root
--skip-grant-tables
[root at localhost suba]# mysql
Your MySQL connection id is 2
Server version: 5.0.67 Source distribution

mysql> exit
Bye
[root at localhost suba]# /etc/init.d/mysqld restart
STOPPING server from pid file /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
090218 11:49:03  mysqld ended

Stopping MySQL:                                            [  OK  ]
Starting MySQL:                                            [  OK  ]
[1]+  Done                    /usr/bin/mysqld_safe --user=root
--skip-grant-tables
[root at localhost suba]# mysql
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: NO)
[root at localhost suba]#

i hope all can give me some way to this problem
thanks so much before
--
KLUG - Kendari Linux User Grup
http://kendari.linux.or.id