Fedora/Ubuntu Problems

GERALD HOOPER ghphpr at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 18 16:11:38 UTC 2009

Hi Group
I had to abandon installing Fedora because it was taking up too much
space on my hard drive. Instead I installed Ubuntu 7.1 Gutsy Gibbon
which took up much less space.
I have had a problem with this updated version of Ubuntu however in that
the Email system Evolution kept putting additional characters into my
address on my broadband server at ntlworld.com which is run by Vergin
Media through a cable connection to my home. I could not uninstall the
Evolution Package because it seems to be an essential component of
Ubuntu. I overcame my email problems by installing Mozilla Thunderbird
which seems to be working OK and allows me to both send and receive mail

Gerry Hooper
ghphpr at ntlworld.com