USB troubles

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 16:45:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 09:24 -0600, Blake Thornton wrote:
>          - it does not work with jpilot preferences selected "usb:".
>         - If I modprobe visor (or turn off the blacklist visor
> in /etc/modprobe.d), the
> devices /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1 appear.

You should be aware that these alternatives use two completely different
USB systems. The first (usb:) interfaces to a user-level library called
libusb, while the second is a kernel module. The library is actually
more modern and in my experience more functional and faster, so you
might want to focus on getting that to work.

poc