A reminder of EOL for F8

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Feb 18 17:15:45 UTC 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:27:00AM -0600, Marc Schwartz wrote:
> Bill Crawford <billcrawford1970 at gmail.com> writes:
> > On Tuesday 17 February 2009 15:43:28 Marc Schwartz wrote:
> >> If there is a bug preventing you from installing, get it filed.
> >> Otherwise, you have a decision to make here. Stay with F8 at your own
> >> peril or move to another Linux distribution that works for you.
> >
> > The problems appear mostly to be non-distro-specific, I am CCed on a couple of
> > bugs relating to video problems with multiple GPUs, and yes, I am a little
> > stuck here.
> >
> > I provided logs from Xorg for both working and non-working situations, I'm now
> > just waiting for Xorg to support multiple graphics cards sensibly again ...

> Is this in a system with multiple GPUs from the same vendor (eg. nVidia)
> or is this a heterogeneous GPU vendor system?

This is a know issue of F9 and F10, but Chris Tyler is working on it
for F11. You will find background information at

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Multiseat

And if you really want to see it in F11 one should ask Chris what he'd
like you to test, or just participate on the Talk page above.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net