Partition XP disk to add F-10 -

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Feb 19 19:21:49 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-19 at 14:10 -0500, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I've acquired a computer with a 40 gig hard drive with
> one NTFS partition and XP installed.  Can I somehow repartition
> it to reduce the XP partition to a minimum using the F-10 live cd?
> Or should I forget that and install an additional drive for F-10?
----
40 Gb is not very large. I wouldn't suggest that you have XP with too
much less than 20 Gb but the installer can indeed shrink the NTFS
partition on the fly during installation and use the space made
available for Linux.

I would suggest that you use the Windows tools to 'defragment' the XP
installation first unless that is a fairly clean, unused XP
installation.

Craig