(fedora) Re: F10 & Eduroam : howto?

Jouk Jansen joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl
Fri Feb 20 08:15:25 UTC 2009

Mike Cloaked wrote on 19-FEB-2009 12:44:16.09

>Jouk Jansen wrote:
>>

>> If I go to the menus Fernando advises, I see a new entry "Auto eduroam".
>> Here I can change back to "WPA/WPA2 Enterprise". However when I try to
>> connect the authorization window pops up again, without possibility for
>> "WPA/WPA2 Enterprise". When I look into the menus Fernando advises, I see
>> that another entry "Auto eduroam" is added.
>>
>> What is wrong??
>>

>It is clear that different institutions have different setups despite all
>being on Eduroam. Is there any information about the nature of the
>authentication system at your institution? I would be surprised if there is
>not a local web page giving some information on how to connect - if that
>guidance is for MS rather than linux then the information will still act as
>a guide for the Fedora connection.
>From the web page (in Dutch):
http://luchthaven.tudelft.nl/ttls.htm

Netwerk verificatie	 : open
Gegevenscodering	: WEP
Verificatietype 	: EAP/TTLS
Verificatieprotocol	: PAP
Zwervende identiteit	: anonymous at tudelft.nl

>By the way if your connection needs a certificate then you may find that the
>cert at /etc/pki/tls/cert.pem will allow the authentication to work?
The cert is at the same web-page.

What I tried to do is to follow this as closely as possible.

The "linux" info on this page is more than half a year old. At that time I
had no problem connecting to the network (I was able to select
WPA-enterprise in Fedora 8)

I also contacted our IT-support. They are vere Windows-focussed( brr...) and
have hardly any knowledge of linux.

                       Jouk

Pecunia olet!

  Jouk Jansen

  joukj at hrem.nano.tudelft.nl

  Technische Universiteit Delft        tttttttttt  uu     uu  ddddddd
  Kavli Institute of Nanoscience       tttttttttt  uu     uu  dd    dd
  Nationaal centrum voor HREM              tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Lorentzweg 1                             tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  2628 CJ Delft                            tt      uu     uu  dd     dd
  Nederland                                tt      uu     uu  dd    dd
  tel. 31-15-2782272                       tt       uuuuuuu   ddddddd