Using rsync to maintain local FC10 updates repo

Mogens Kjaer mk at crc.dk
Fri Feb 20 08:30:05 UTC 2009

Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>>
>> You can install from a mirror with updates such that no post install
>> yum update would be needed?
>
> That's right.  You can do it with either the script that I posted or
> with revisor.  Or several other tools.

Or you can simply add the updates repository when installing.

For a kickstart installation I have:

repo --name=Fedora
--baseurl=http://ftp.crc.dk/fedora/linux/releases/10/Everything/i386/os
repo --name=Fedora-updates
--baseurl=http://ftp.crc.dk/fedora/linux/updates/10/i386

That will give me a fully updated installation in one go.

Mogens

Phone: +45 33 27 53 25, Mobile: +45 22 12 53 25
Email: mk at crc.dk Homepage: http://www.crc.dk