Domino on Fedora

Anne Wilson annew at kde.org
Sat Feb 21 19:16:49 UTC 2009

On Saturday 21 February 2009 18:47:04 James Wilkinson wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > If sendmail is removed, does that imply that you have configured
> > postfix.sendmail to do the job?
>
> If postfix is installed then sendmail is removed, the Fedora
> alternatives system will do that for you. man alternatives says:
>     “name” [in this case, sendmail] will be updated to point to another
>     appropriate alternative, or removed if there is no such alternative
>     left.

If postfix is replacing sendmail, it's 'transport' database will have to be
configured.

> I very much doubt this will work for Domino.

Couldn't say - I've no experience of that - but generally, once set up it is
transparent.

It was just a though, following the lines that others have taken - if you have
removed sendmail, *something* has to do the job.

Anne