Upgraded to F10, (& Kjot disappeared)

DB Freddog_de at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Feb 23 14:24:40 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Well, I bit the bullet & used preupgrade to move my F9 to F10.  The only
"major" disappointment was that  I had to start making space in various
areas - which are separate partitions on my box - well into the
process.  IMHO, it would have been "nice" if preupgrade could have given
a warning before starting that it would need big spaces in certain
areas.  According to the blurb, using preupgrade would mean that my
system remained usable during the upgrade, but in my case - probably
because I didn't make enough space available in /boot - it went through
an install cycle of some 450 packages, followed by an update cycle of
some 800 packages.... some 3 hours worth of very unusable system (at
least I could read a book while it was worgling away ;-) .

So I now seem to have a working F10 system, so far, I've not discovered
anything major to moan about.  However, I had just started using Kjot
under F9, which seemed to be a useful gubbins..... and now in F10 it
seems to have vanished.  Anyone know where kjot might be hidden (or how
I can get the old version back into service)??

Thanks all

Dave